- Reminder: PM KINDERGARTEN IS FROM 8:40-11:30 this Friday 10/9!
We are also off school for Columbus Day Monday 10/12 and Tuesday 10/13. Enjoy your extra long weekend!
- Please make sure you are checking your child's home folder daily. There is usually notes, homework, or work we have completed in class.
- This coming week is Anti-Bullying Week at Indian Trail. We will be doing different activities throughout the week. Monday, please wear blue to represent anti-bullying.
- I have added a new tab to the top of our page- Jolly Phonics. Under this tab you can find all our videos of the students singing the Jolly Phonics songs and doing the motions with it. Play these with your child and have them practice the songs and the motions.
- Thank you for working with your students at home on their Jolly Phonics and Handwriting homework! I can already see the students making the connections between the sounds and the letters when they are writing AND speaking. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the homework, or if you need additional support or resources.
Monday was the kick off to Jolly Phonics and Handwriting Without Tears in literacy. We started with /s/.
Jolly Phonics helps the student's understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds, and Handwriting Without Tears supports the mastering of printing lowercase letters.
Monday, we had a mystery reader. Christian's Mom came and read us a favorite book, Chrysanthemum!
(I will have all the books the students have made in ALO out for you to see at conferences!)
We also met our 3rd grade buddies in Ms. Freitag's class! This was a highlight of our week. The students are working together to make a buddy book... pictures to come soon!
In math, we practiced counting to answer the question "how many?" while practicing working with dice.
In math, we played "Superhero Tower Races". The students worked with a partner and had to roll the dice, count the number of unifix cubes, and then place it on the correct number on the mat to make a tower. This practiced many of our math skills including comparing length, counting to tell number of objects, and comparing numbers.
Last but not least, Friday was /t/ in Jolly and Handwriting, more "Superhero Tower Races" in math, and outdoor recess for getting 100 Dojo points!
It was the PERFECT fall day!
They are such sweet friends!