- Jolly Phonics assessment on g, o, u, l, f, and b will be Monday, December 7.
- The math tens assignment is due Wednesday, December 9th. Tape any 10 objects on the notecard and practice counting them!
- Book orders are due Friday, December 11th.
- Please remember to label all winter gear AND practice putting on and taking off hats, gloves, boots, etc.
- I am requesting once again recycled materials to use for a few upcoming projects... especially cardboard boxes of ALL sizes! You can send them in anytime between now and winter break.
This week in Kindergarten was all about reviewing and centers!
With a week off, we reviewed our Jolly Phonics sounds and handwriting skills with literacy centers. The 4 centers included a "lego museum" where the students had to build something that started with g, o, u, l, f, or b, using the Jolly Phonics app on the iPad, practicing writing and reading words that contain the letters we have learned so far, and playing the sound practice board game. Centers are also a great way for us to practice our communication and cooperation skills.
*By now, the students know and expect that I will be taking pictures of them working. Some of them request I take pictures of their work or them doing certain activities, and of course I always oblige! So, if you see a large amount of pictures of your child, they are probably requesting them :)
It has been so fun introducing and teaching Puppy to be a good learner! Please ask your child to explain to you who Puppy is and how we have been teaching him.
In addition to phonics and writing centers, on Friday we also practiced building our stamina for guided reading centers. Once we start guided reading, I will be reading with a group while the other groups are working independently at their stations. In preparation for when I will not be available, we practiced working in our groups WITHOUT asking Miss Duckman questions. We will continue practicing this next week as well.
That is all for this week!